Thursday 28 October 2010

The Night, Moon and Sun

I am meant to be in bed but instead I am at my laptop, writing my first poem in two years. I pray this this the first of many to come.



From a far I can hear the beats drums
they call, entice and wildly cajole me,
My spirits arise and begins to dance
and swirl and turn to its  crazed beat.
To fall under would be to succumb,
But to stand....I would have to be numb.

I stare steadly into the eyes of the Night,
He taunts at me, leers, jeers,
He encircles my body with his spiny arms
and for that moment............ I simply dont breathe.
Because to smell him would be to succumb,
But to resist....I must learn to be numb.

I look far, expectant, hoping for the Sun
But He hides face shamefully, dark and sad
I look back into the Night and bite my lip.
Dark thoughts are racing. Red as in blood.
To think and act them would be to succumb,
But I ignore and  I bly... so  I am definitely numb.

And there she stands. In her glory white,
Outshine the dark Sun, defeating the Night,
Her long arms engulf the air, a breeze is felt.
Her voice, the sea's song is suddenly heard
And raptly and precise the Night succumbs,
My heart feels peace and joy....soon after.... just numb.




Watermelon seeds! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment