Wednesday 9 March 2011

What are you doing for Lent?



Like many Nigerian kids, I was brought up in a Catholic family. It was church every single Sunday, Holy Communion and Confirmation, the whooooooole lot! I did them all! But soon after that, I have since lost the true essence of what it is to even know God not to mention being a Catholic or Christian.

So this year, I decided to take part in the whole Lent thingy. I have given up Facebook and Twitter. Now bearing in mind, Lent only started TODAY...... I am already feeling withdrawal symptoms. Sweating, hot flushes, diarrhoea, lack of sleep...eh.. nah...... not really! *rolls eyes*. But I will say I am not enjoying the absence.

I suppose that is the essence of Lent. To give up something that you truly enjoy in order to remember and appreciate the sacrifices of Jesus. I am going to accept the challenge to my self and strive to make sure I keep to my own word. In a way this is brilliant, as now I can focus on me more in terms uni, career and other stuff right? I put more time into blogging more frequently, making clothes and showing love to my loved ones one- on one rather than throw an LCD screen.

I think I will also try to listen to more Gospel music during this period, just to constantly remind me why I am making this sacrifice and remember to stay thankful that I even have these things to give up.

Is anyone taking part in Lent? Holla with what your sacrifices mehhn!

Mwah *blows kisses*

Peace, Faith and Blessed Watermelon Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment