Wednesday 22 September 2010

Blog? Blog? Blog I say!

For Sheerah (the only honest friend I know)

Finally!!! Oh Lord!! I have finally sat down and actually done what I have planning to do for the longest time now! I have blogged my first entry. I suppose I have been madly procrastinating and very unsure of whether I wanted to be so free and honest on the web!
I mean imagine my Big Aunt Bukola in the indigenous parts of Nigeria  getting hold of a phone to call my mother  in London and demand why I am talking about sex or whatever online?

(Aunt Bukola in a Nigerian accent barely heard over the long distance static noises) " Kai!!!! Sister!!! Your pikin don spooooooiiilll finish! I beg, I beg, send am come before she go go carry bele or one kind gono-cro-cro!"


Translation: My sister!! Your child has gone bad, loco, nuts, crazy! Please kindly deport her back to Nigeria where she can work in the local farm before she gets herself pregnant or catches a disease!

Now I dare say that these conversations have already occurred between the mother and Big Aunt Bukola. Quite a while ago now during my delinquent years of secondary school, So you can imagine that whenever the mother mentioned going to Nigeria on holiday......she got this reply>> " Mummy, secondary school is a very critical part of my education! Any slight cock ups and I could end up redo-ing the 5 years!"
The mother is truly ruthless enough to take me there... take my passport and abandon me in some 1 star hotel in the middle of Lagos with no more than 5000 naira (£21). NOT EVEN!!

Now I personally don't see how forcing me to work in a local farm will protect me from getting pregnant or infected. I am kind of sure there is a higher risk out in the middle of a farm village  where condoms are used as celebration balloons.

Another reason of me shying away from the world of blogging is that I am a typical Aquarian.
Therefore I sadly have to admit that a lot of my talk can pass to be expensive breeze! Lots of plans but minimal action which is bad, I must admit!
So I really and truly could begin this but not really keep up with it! I am extremist at nature! Either I am into it like a guy in a..... OK that is just nasty! OK! So i can really do this or just really not, and my excuse will be I forgot my password! Ha ha! yeah right! More like rekindled my addicted love to Sims 3. Did I say how addictive that stuff is? A future blog maybe I say! Hey! Hey!

Back to why I shouldn't blog!

You have to have a LOT of time!!!!!
Mate!! In order to blog you need to have time, patience and an "I don't care" attitude.
In recent times, I have realised I waste so much time doing the wrong things with the wrong people.
Now that I have decided to drop certain bad habits and unnecessary people, I find myself in my room a bit more or nose in a book or naughtily..... a bag of Mcdonald's chips.
So yeah, I suppose I have a lot of time on my hands. But whereas I am doing something I am sure I will enjoy, you can either use yours to either appreciate or berate my use of my time.

Your choice folks. I am promising to be dedicated, real, fresh and honest with my thoughts and ideas. There is beauty in truly embracing your creative side.

Peace, Love and Watermelon seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment