Wednesday 22 December 2010

Learning to Listen!

I am not one to preach and Bible bash.... but this morning, sorry matie!! It's a Bible Thang!! I am currently in the midst of reading this brilliant book  named "Eat, Pray, Love" written by Elizabeth Gilbert. So there is this bit where the main character "Elizabeth" is crying, as in, sobbing her poor life out. She is in an unhappy marriage and for the first time in her entire life....... she sinks to her tired knees and speaks to a force unknown to her. God. Her prayer is not even significant. There was no jumping and screaming. No shivering nor speaking of tongues, just a simple conversation with God where she asks Him/Her what to do. After a few, her hysterics pass and she is overcome by a deep sense of silence..... and peace. And in the back of her mind, a voice simply tells her, "Go to bed."

We all have found ourselves in such bad and bitter situations which bring us to our knees....the perfect position to pray in. We bow there crying for God to direct us in what to do, in how to make this pain or situation go away. But when God simply replies with a "Go to bed" or "Go eat a cheeseburger", we dismiss it, lose faith and declare God to either be ignoring us, saying "No" or simply non-existent. It is at this point we dash, or discard God's answer to our problem.

You see, what I have noticed is that God...... is one funny individual. It is like every word or action from His/Her part is a test of our faith in His/Her divine word. Having faith in God is like baking a cake but only getting the ingredients  or being told what to do AS you go and not being given a list of what to do beforehand.
You ask for help and guidance. your answer is to go to bed, go and rest. In the morning, you will be strong, rested ready to take his next instruction but if you can't show obedience to this first instruction then you can't deal with what is yet to come.

I am laughing as I write this blog because, this is exactly ME! Yet again this early morning, I have another reason to have faith in every syllable God could possibly utter to me. His ways are beyond my imagination, beliefs, and mind.

An issue that occurred to me SOOOO long ago, where I was persecuted and accused wrongly! Where I lost the closest of my friends and I cried  in despair and was so DAMN confused at how and why all these bad things where happening to me! Out of nowhere the same friends that accused and berated me with such anger and disgust, re-connected with me in peace. I don't know if they are aware of their mistake or the pain and shame they inflicted on me back then neither do I care. I have simply moved on to greener pastures but even after I have gone through the hard process of true forgiveness do I now really and truly, finally feel "Justified!"
I realise that when some one prays, especially when an innocent person who is wrongly accused, prays... God will never fail in answering! It may take days, weeks or like my situation, years to see his direction but justification will always be the end result! But first it is imperative to listen to the first course of direction, whatever it might be. Even if it is a simple "Go to bed".

Love, Peace and God given Watermelon Seeds!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment